Top Places to visit on Long Island

Top Places to visit on Long Island!


If you live on Long Island I am sure you know all of the local hot spots and we all have our strong opinions on who has the best pizza (Papa Nicks in Bellport for me), but if you are visiting I am sure you would like to check out some of the best places we like to eat at and hang out. Just a side note, I am in Suffolk County which is eastern half of Long Island, so most things I will note are in Suffolk County. This is also a list of things that I personally enjoy going to and I hope that you will enjoy them as well.
Top Ten Food:
  1. JT’s on the Bay - During the summer there are so many amazing places to eat at on the water. I enjoy going to JT’s on the Bay for some lunch. It is a quaint little place to eat outside on a beautiful day by the south shore, and if you would still like to try their food on a not so beautiful day you can visit JT’s Cafe in Blue Point.
  2. That Meetball Place - Patchogue is known for their selection of places to eat on Main Street. That Meetball Place is one of those places that I enjoy. They have vegan options and their fries are really good.
  3. Toast Coffeehouse - Toast is also located in Patchogue but there are also 2 other locations. One in Port Jeff and a new location opening soon in Bayshore. I would recommend making a reservation here because the wait sometimes can get up to over an hour, but the food and coffee is worth it.
  4. Roast - If you are still in Patchogue or around it I would recommend getting your coffee from here. Right across from Toast, Roast has a delicious selection of coffee and the atmosphere is perfect for that inner artsy hipster to sit and do some doodles or some work.
  5. SoBol - If you want to eat a bit healthier you might want to grab an Acai bowl from SoBol in Ronkonkoma. They also sell Sail Away Coffee which is my favorite nitro brew coffee on Long Island.
  6. Swell Taco - I am so sorry I keep listing things in Patchogue but there is a lot of options and if you are in the mood for a little mexican food check out Swell Taco. I really enjoyed their vegetarian friendly burrito called “The Hippie” and it is rare for me to like a burrito because I am usually not a fan, but this was really good.
  7. Cactus Cafe - If you want other options for mexican food, located in Medford, the nachos from here are so good. My boyfriend also gets the burritos and tacos which he says are really good as well. (I like my nachos lol). The chips are thick and they pile on the toppings so you get a lot.
  8. Gosman’s - If you made it to Montauk than you definitely have to try out Gosman’s. They have really good seafood and the beachy atmosphere is amazing.
  9. Slurp - In Port Jeff there is the best place to get some ramen. I love the Slurp Fresh which is their vegan ramen. They also have really delicious veggie buns.
  10. The Cook Room - If you want breakfast at a quaint little diner in Middle Island, I really enjoy this place. Just a little warning, there is no parking and it is very small inside, but the rood is good and the portions are big.


Top Ten Locations:

  1. Cedar Beach - I was recently at Cedar Beach in Mount Sinai, and I love how nice it is there. Because it was the evening, it was kind of empty so I was able to back my truck into the parking spot so we can open my trunk and sit in it and have one of my beach chairs on the sand and my friend, boyfriend and I just relaxed and watched the water. It is a rocky sand beach so I would recommend shoes and blankets.
  2. Port Jeff - Port Jeff is so busy during the season and on nice days in general. It is the destination for all who play Pokemon GO still because there are a lot of stops and the food and ice cream is good here. You can go over by the ferry and do some shopping in the local stores.
  3. Breathe - Speaking of little shops in Port Jeff, this is my favorite little shop for crystals and all things spiritual. They are also really nice and I love the atmosphere.
  4. Montauk Lighthouse - It is a must if you are on Long Island to make the trip down to the Montauk Lighthouse. I am pretty sure about 80 percent of Long Island have a Montauk sticker on their car or around in general. (I had one but I have a new car now). My boyfriend and I try to make a trip to Montauk at least once a year.
  5. Avalon Park - This is one of my favorite parks located in Stony Brook, This park has multiple trails and fields. There are some cool things inside of the Main part and It’s fun to walk around and chill outside.
  6. The Big Duck - This is a quick stop if you are around the Riverhead area. I visited this for the first time last year and it was really nice to learn about the history of this odd landmark we have.
  7. Cupsogue Beach - Located in West Hampton this is one of my go to beaches for going to the beach to spend the day. The beaches here are really nice and clean, so any beaches along Dune Road are really nice.
  8. Vanderbilt Museum, Mansion - If you would like to visit some historical mansions, this one is in Centerport, and is a beautiful place on the water. There is so much to do here like go on a tour, visit the planetarium, or go to one of the events that are scheduled.
  9. Hank’s Pumpkin Farm - If you are here around the fall (which is my favorite time of the year, I go pumpkin picking in September), or during farm season, I would recommend coming to Hank’s in Water Mill. They have delicious treats and the pumpkins are nice and big. There is also a maze you can take kids through. They also have apple picking and are always working on adding more things to make their farm better.
  10. The Country Fair Park - This is located on rt 112 in Medford and has a handful of things for you to do like 2 mini golf courses, a range, there is go karting, bumper cars, laser tag, and even an arcade. I go there with my boyfriend on nice days when we want to have a fun date.
    That is all for my top ten of food and locations. Let me know if you know of any good places to visit on Long Island, I would love to check them out.
    If you would like to keep up with my adventures you can follow me on my Instagram @_wildflower_vibes_ or if you are more into my art @creativelymaree
    I post updates about my stuff on my Facebook @creativelymaree and you can even follow me on Twitter, I am sometimes on there @creativemaree
    I also have a Red Bubble (CreativelyMaree) if you did not know. I upload my artwork and you can get them printed on a bunch of cool things like shirts, phone cases, and stickers. 

    Stay Creative
    Creatively Maree 

Comments

Popular Posts