TRAVELING: 10 Tips and More


Traveling can be really stressful especially if you are going far away from home. You want to make sure that you pack everything you need. I love keeping organized and making lists of everything I need a couple weeks before so I can get anything I need before I start packing. Here are my 10 tips for traveling.
1.    Stay Organized
a.    Keeping organized is so important when you are traveling. You don’t want to forget anything so what I like to do is make a list of things I need to pack in my suitcase as well as my carry on.
b.    Another tip to stay organized is to get divider bags to go inside of your suitcase. You can get these on amazon and they really help keep your things neat.
2.    Make sure if you are flying to pack small liquids they way TSA wants them. Usually they need to be 100ml or under and in a clear bottle/ container, which should be put into a clear plastic pouch.
a.    Having smaller bottles to pack even if you aren’t flying is a good way to save some space in your suitcase as well.
3.    Dress Cozy for the Ride
a.    You really don't want to be uncomfortable on a long plane ride or even a long drive. I like to keep it simple with leggings and a soft oversized t-shirt and hoodie as well as some comfortable shoes.
4.    Keep Busy While Traveling
a.    If you are taking a plane to your destination make sure you have some things to do. This can also apply to if you are the car (not the driver of course). I like to keep a small backpack with me with a book, my notebook, my sketchbook and my pencil pouch which has some fine liners, pencils and markers or colored pencils. I also will have my small tablet and some headphones to listen to music or watch movies I’ve downloaded onto my tablet.
5.    Make an Itinerary
a.    You should have some things listed of what you would like to do when you arrive at your destination. You don’t need to have it all time stamped but just a small list in your planner or on your phone of the things you want to do.
6.    Have a Good Playlist
a.    Having some music for your travels is nice to have. I made a playlist that I will link here for you guys to check out.
7.    Camera is a Must!
a.    Taking photos is great for memories. I travel with my camera all of the time and even when I don't have it with me I do have my phone which I can then get photos printed at a CVS and add them to a scrapbook.
8.    Travel Bag/ Carry on
a.    My adventure bag is the same as my carry on. It is small and light enough to keep my phone, wallet and camera as well as any souvenirs I picked up. I got my backpack at Michaels on sale for about 4 bucks. It’s all white too so I can get pins and patches to add to it to show all of the places I have been. It also matches any outfit easily.
9.    Budget
a.    Keeping track of how much you spend is important. You don’t want to be stranded somewhere because you ran out of money. Set aside a daily budget for your travels. If you spend under on one day that extra money rolls over and you have more to spend the next day!
10. Souvenirs
a.    Getting small things like key chains, pins or patches are a great and more affordable way to have a physical item from your trip. Getting some clothing items or post cards are other ways to have a fun collection of memories.

Those are my 10 tips for traveling. I also have a blank packing list and example list below. Be sure to share your traveling tips and stories in the comments, I would love to read them.

Spotify Playlist
Packing List
 Packing List EX:


Stay Creative

Creatively Maree

Comments

Popular Posts