ARTS & CRAFRT: DIY Flower Crown

DIY Flower Crown

Whether you believe flower crowns are SOOO two years ago or if you are completely obsessed with them, there are ways to make one for so much cheaper than you can buy them for in store. Plus when someone asks you where you got it you can say you made it and that has to be one of the greatest feelings of accomplishments.

What You Need:
-       Fake flowers (can purchase at any craft store or even the dollar store. I get mine at Michaels)
-       Hot glue sticks and a glue gun
-       Pliers or really strong scissors (I use pliers to help bend the crown into shapes)
-       Ribbon or elastic (opt)



Step By Step:
-       The first thing that you will need to do is separate the flower piece from its stem. When you are done with that you are left with the stems which are just wire with a plastic on them. This is going to act as your crown base. The leaves might have little plastic bits (shown on bottom of picture) they are not really needed so you can toss those out.


-       Begin cutting the stems off so you have them all separated.



-       There are many different ways to make the base of the crown. If you have a lot and enough you can braid them. You can braid ribbon into them or you can just connect the ends together and secure them with hot glue. For this DIY I will be braiding the wires together by hooking together 3 sets of 6 of these short sticks. Making a hook and eye with pliers and then glueing them in place to hold will secure them.




-       As you go along piecing together your base make sure before you close off the circle that it fits around your head. Unless you are leaving the ends open and closing it by using elastic or ribbon. I will be using elastic after i have braided these 3 wires together. (You can just use wire or any other material but I like using the hole flower piece so i don't waste material and to save money on supplies)




-       Once you have your base (what I like to do) lay it down and then arrange the flowers and leaves you took off earlier to visualize what you are going to have once you glue them on.




-       To glue the flowers on I like to take the leaves that come with the set and glue them behind the flower on the wire base so that you wont see the wire when you are done with the crown.


-       At this point just go ahead and glue everything on. If you want you can add beads or gems. For my fall flower crowns I had on my (now closed) Etsy shop I glued little skull beads in the middle of each flower as well as adding skeleton hands on the back of it. (I will link the commercial I made for it HERE)
I hope you enjoyed this DIY. If you guys make your own flower crowns tag me in them on my Facebook page Creatively Maree! Flower crowns come in all different sizes and materials so get a little creative and have fun!




Color the World with Happiness
~Maree


Comments

Popular Posts