Art Night Tips and Tricks

 Having an art night is a fun get together where you can spend some time with your friends and family doing something fun and creative. It is a great way to keep kids busy and adults at ease. I recently put together an art night for my 24thbirthday to just hang out with my closest friends. It was really nice to do something different since we are always having game nights because we love playing tabletop games. I am an artist so I have all of the supplies we needed to have a successful art night. Michaels was also having their biggest sale of the season so I went out and purchased a lot of canvases. I also stopped at AC Moore and got some craft paint to put in goodie bags for everyone to use and take home. Being the artist that I am, I themed each goodie bag a color of the rainbow. 

Tips for Rainbow Goodie Bags
1.     Craft Paint
a.    You can get craft paint cheap at Wal-Mart or AC Moore. 
2.     Colored Pencils
        I added a couple of watercolor pencils and regular colored pencils in a little bundle. I’ve gotten so many over the years I didn't mind giving them to my friends to take home in a goodie bag.
3.     Fine Liners
       This is totally an option if you aren’t me. I have so many fine liners lying around because my college gave them to us each semester. I put in one Faber Castel fine liner in each bag because I don't use them so maybe my friends would get some use out of them. 
4.     Markers
        I had a pack of alcohol-based markers that I got to try out and I didn't like them. They were a Michaels brand and I haven’t used them since I tried them so I decided to add them in the goodie bag as well.
5.     Pencil and Eraser
        Pencils are a must when you are drawing so I made sure everyone had a pencil and eraser in their bag as well.
6.     Things to color
        Because I was having art night a weekend before Easter, I got little egg boards from Target in the dollar section that have patterns to color in. 
       I also added in a coloring page from a booklet I got at Target on clearance with traveling images on them. They were printed on a nice cardstock paper so I rolled them and put them in the bags so it would be a surprise when people grabbed the color bag they want. 
7.     Craft Things
       This is the broadest thing because you can add anything from buttons to glitter. I made little tags and wrapped some washi tape and string around them as well as little packets of glitter. 

Decorate your space!
I was using an empty apartment we have in my house so we can have the space to ourselves. I decorated it with some boho inspired décor like fake plants my Crosley record player, and some vintage furniture. I also hung up some string lights to create a trendy atmosphere. My friend brought her fold out table for us to use and I put all of my different paints out in baskets on the table as well as paintbrushes and canvases for everyone’s seat. I brought in my 3-tier shelf and put in all of my art books that I used in college for everyone to look through and I also brought in all of my different paper pads. 

Keep in mind you really don't need to go this extra. I just have so much art stuff that I don't use so having an art night is a great way to use some extra things I have just lying around the house. 

The party. 

Everyone had a good time and I am really happy with how it turned out. I definitely would love to host an art night every now and then because it was nice to see my friends who aren’t artists create some really nice pieces. 

Comments

Popular Posts